Wednesday, August 29, 2007

BIZARRE LOGIC
The Medill-White House Correspondents Association connection

So the White House Correspondents Association website is hosted on Medill servers. Weird, right?

But rather than point out that Medill is moving closer to the White House while everyone else is putting like 9,127 miles between themselves and the president, I decided to actually figure out what was going on. Yeah, so what follows is an unadulterated transcript of e-mails between me and Ellen Shearer (right), the webmaster (really?) of the WHCA's Medill-hosted site.

Peter -- happy to answer questions. But first, is this for a Daily article?
Why, would that change the nature of your answers? So, I said:
I'd never say never, but for now it's for my personal gratification and possibly for my blog. That said, it could contextualize Medill coverage. Even if you guys dreamed up MC Rove, I doubt anyone would deem it worthy of an article.

Thanks again.
Onwards. About ten minutes later, out came the claws:
Peter -- Karl Rove was a speaker at the Radio-Television dinner, not the WHCA dinner.

Medill coordinates judging of the WHCA awards. We also created and have hosted the Web site, but this fall it will be redesigned and moved off the Medill server so we only will be coordinating the awards judging.Medill coordinates judging of the WHCA awards. We also created and have hosted the Web site, but
this fall it will be redesigned and moved off the Medill server so we only will be coordinating the awards.
Like, who knew those were separate events? Anyways, that answered like one of the questions I originally posed. I guess prejudices aren't always off-base.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that David Spett is tagged in this.

Dickson said...

It's because he sent in the tip. You, too, should send in tips!

Anonymous said...

I did... and thanks to a certain mutual friend, it's posted below.

Subscribe. It"s free.

gossipdesk

Blog Archive