Wednesday, August 15, 2007

CH-CH-CH-CHANGES
Thesaurus: give me a new word for LEARNING

I'll be honest (integrity is so hot right now); I didn't read the Medill Honor Pledge either. Well I have now, but I read Kassner's post first.

I'll be honest again; Shouldn't media organizations, and companies, and marketing agencies or whatever, be responsible for their own employees? Or is that really the job of an Alma Mater? I'm not counting on plagiarizing or embarrassing Medill, but it seems like $40,000 should buy a great education, lifelong learning and fabulous facilities. It has -- but now it comes with a metaphorical jail-cell not even Lindsay could rehab her way out of. Is paranoia the new pedagogy?

Also, while we're talking about name changes:

OLD: Medill School of Journalism
NEW: Medill School of Journalism and Integrated Marketing Communications

OLD: Honor Pledge
NEW: Integrity Code

OLD: Teaching Media Program
NEW: Journalism Residency

What's next? comment away.

I'm off to go write the sequel to A Million Little Pieces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OLD: Jayson Blair
NEW: Tania Chen

She's that plagiarizing fuck. She still works at the Daily, in the ad office.

Subscribe. It"s free.

gossipdesk

Blog Archive