Monday, October 30, 2006

What is the Pope doing in our picture? And other vexing quandaries concerning freshmen video-blogging

d
While I really get a kick out of some of Intro to 21st Century marketing Steven K. Duke's e-mails, it's hard not to find this morning's all-class bulletin about two video-blogging students grating. First off, if I had made this video, I wouldn't want to expose to other freshmen. I might even think twice before sending it home to Cincinnati or (really, Katy?) "the OC." That said, it wouldn't be altogether surprising if Duke spends his time away from the Baron scouring northbynorthwestern for freshmen-produced content.

But where's the deluge of e-mails about his other students' accomplishments? Dan Fletcher's written some good stuff in the Daily, as has Emily Glazer. Here's to a non-discriminatory Duke. Teaching for the 21st century doesn't mean ignoring newspapers. Much as the Levine ideology may have completely obfuscated their importance, they're still around. And by the looks of it, video-blogging isn't shaping up as too great a replacement.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I find most vexing is the fact that Professor Duke hasn't sent out an email about YOUR blog. Hmmm...


Jealous maybe?

Oh, and the Pope is relevant because.. he's the fucking pope. Stop hating. Thanks.

Way to be anonymous dude. I'm also going to attatch my facebook because apparently that's the cool thing to do..?

Anonymous said...

Obfuscated (really, "anonymous"?)

Congratulations on accomplishing nothing besides showing the rest of Northwestern how much of a small minded Medilldoe you really are....how does that vex you?

Anonymous said...

Hey Anonymous!

Wow! Thank you for your contribution to new media! I think you're looking for some kind of validation for your "work," so this comment is for the void that Prof. Duke has left in your life.

I hope you can produce just as many quality blogs as this in the future. Why bust on two other journalists' venture? Come on anonymous, let's leave high school in the past.

Cool, real cool.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. "Anonymous"

So, to reiterate your point of view...two enterprising freshman got recognition for doing something unique and funny, and you have a green eyed monster sitting on your shoulder. Oh, poor baby. You don't want to give credit where credit is due, so you piss and moan about it instead. Classy. I would shake your hand, but I'm afraid your small-mindedness and middle school maturity are contagious.

Anonymous said...

Well Anonymous,

I guess I'll comment here since I can't tell you in person. I wanted to thank you for this incredible blog. In addition to sheading light to this horrible situation you have managed to defy the laws of time, space and physics. I find that this blog has caused a rift in the space time continuum and allowed me to travel back in time to middle school. You know... when being a coward and hiding behind a blog was cool. Next time say it to someone's face.

I'm thinking maybe you have failed to realize that northbynorthwestern is ORIGINAL. *Gasp* Something new?! Dear God let us not give it attention. It might take attention away from the true Medilldoes.

But seriously (not to diminish the accomplishement of others) if Professor Duke sent out an e-mail promoting every person who wrote for the Daily, he'd send out about 500 e-mails a week.

Still, since you seem adament in your dislike for northbynorthwestern.com I suggest you check out www.nomorejealousy.com/. I hear this site has helped a lot of people.

Congradulations on being a total douchebag!

Anonymous said...

annalise flynn is right. the pope is beautiful. like will dupree and liz green. A. Cordova is beautiful too.

You are wrong Anonymous!
You're just jealous!

Anonymous said...

Youre the douchebag ACE
what kind of name is that anyway!
WRITE SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE

Subscribe. It"s free.

gossipdesk